2016年10月24日 星期一

Our Teachers





My name is Theo. I am a South African and I’m 43 years old. I’ve been working at Global Kids English school for more than 12 years and enjoy it immensely. Job satisfaction is off the charts!My initial plan was to live and work in Taiwan for one year only, but I enjoy my Taiwanese life and job so much that I have decided to stay much longer. I love working with and teaching the children, and I learn a lot from them as well. Every day, I feel as though I'm helping my students get somewhere in live.




My name is John. I came to Taiwan to teach in 2009 for "a year or two," but quickly realized that the work and living environment in Taiwan had all that I could ask for, and more! I spend my weekends exploring Taiwan's mountains and lush forests, while during the week I have had to opportunity to teach at Global Kids. I was very lucky to find this school because through training and support I have learned what it takes to be an effective teacher!





My name is Jack. I’m a South African who has been living in Taiwan for more than 10 years. Global Kids is the first school I have worked for in Taiwan and I am currently in my eighth year as a daycare teacher. I believe every child should have a disciplinary figure in its life to help, correct and guide the child through the formative years. Through the years I have seen my influence on the kids’ lives and this is a real reward for me.




Hello everybody. My name’s Cobus and I’m from Port Elizabeth, South Africa. I’ve been teaching at Global Kids since October 2004. The last twelwe years have been wonderful. I enjoy the rich Taiwanese culture and everybody here. I always wanted to be a teacher and especially enjoy watching the students’ progress to become comfortable doing speeches and even role-plays in English. 




Hi, my name is Henry. I am from Montagu, South Africa. I started working at Global Kids in 2005.  I decided to become a teacher because I like to work with children. I have enjoyed my time here very much. The children are great and very eager to learn. It is a very rewarding experience teaching at Global Kids.






I am Teacher Neels and I am from sunny South Africa. I started working at Global Kids English School in 2006 and from the beginning was very impressed with what I experienced. The teachers all work together as a family towards our goal of planting a seed called “DEVELOPMENT”. We are not only here to look after kids and to play with them, but we are also responsible for helping the kids develop so they can add value to the World.




Hi! I'm Jeannedeline from South Africa. I have been living in Taiwan since 2017 and it has been a great experience. The people in Taiwan are very friendly and accommodating. I wasn't planning on staying in Taiwan this long but it seems that I am here to stay. I love teaching kids and I believe it is important to be a good role model for children. Not just when it comes to school and work, but also teaching them about life, respect, kindness and compassion. Although I am teaching children English, they often also teach me something new about life and myself. It is really rewarding teaching at Global Kids.




Hi everyone! My name is Drew and I'm from New York, USA. I have been teaching at Global Kids since December 2019. I have been in Taiwan for almost two years now and I have loved every minute of it. I feel very fulfilled to watch the students progress every day and learn through playing and speaking to each other. I also feel happy to see students learn life skills and how to have a positive attitude each day.





My name is Becky. The decision to move to Taiwan was a very sudden one. I wanted to move abroad, but wasn’t sure where and after some brief research I found Taiwan was at the top of the list and went for it. Global Kids was the first school I reached out to and really hoped to be hired. I got immediate responses and very thorough information. My interview was a lot of fun and at the end of it I felt very excited.

When I arrived, I was helped with all the little details and felt at home very quickly. Feeling safe and stable is a priority of this school and I can say that I definitely felt that way. In 8 months, I have had numerous adventures, plenty of free time, support with anything I’ve needed help with, I have made great friends, learned many new things, and mostly likely will be making Taiwan my new home.

My life here in Taiwan has been extremely abundant to say the least and I can say that the love and support I’ve received from the staff at Global Kids plays a huge role in that. It can be challenging, but if you are willing to adjust and grow, this is a great place to be!!





沒有留言: